ART. 2. These STC set down the terms and conditions for and the liabilities of the Parties in the course of any activity, service or business undertaken by the FORWARDER and by his Employees, Agents and by any other person acting at the request and on behalf of the FORWARDER, whether or not this activity, service or business is performed:
1. against remuneration or gratuitously;
2. by express or implied agreement or request;
3. as a separate service or as an integral part of other service;
4. at the request of the CUSTOMER, the OWNER or of any other person having a legal interest in the goods.
ART. 3. SCOPE OF APPLICATION:
(1) Any and all activities or services performed, agreements concluded and documents signed by the FORWARDER are undertaken solely and exclusively subject to these STC and to the mandatory legislation, unless the Parties have expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
(2) By agreeing, expressly or by implication, to accept any service from or otherwise to deal with the FORWARDER, the CUSTOMER and the OWNER unconditionally accept that they conclude with the FORWARDER a contract, containing as its integral part these STC.
ART. 4. If any legislation or court decision limiting the rights or increasing the liability of the FORWARDER is mandatorily applicable to any business or service undertaken by the FORWARDER, same shall be applied only to the respective transactions or part thereof without otherwise affecting the validity or the meaning of the other provisions of these STC.
ART. 5. In agreement with the CUSTOMER, the FORWARDER may issue a FORWARDING DOCUMENT covering part or all of the contract for the carriage, storage or handling of the goods. In this case the relations between the FORWARDER and the CUSTOMER are determined by the provisions of the FORWARDING DOCUMENT insofar as such provisions are inconsistent with these STC. The provisions of Art. 4 above will also apply.